Emergency Preparedness Strategies and Resources
Develop Your Emergency Plan Before Disaster Strikes
Accidents can happen when you least expect it; however, steps can also be taken to ensure you and your loved ones are properly prepared for a variety of different circumstances. Just because a disaster hasn’t impacted your family today doesn’t mean it won’t tomorrow.
From floods and earthquakes to wildfires and storms, the clients we service throughout Washington, California, Oregon, and Arizona may be exposed to a wide-range of disasters. As a result, our agents have put together a selection of emergency preparedness resources. We recommend reviewing these materials and printing them off for future, offline reference.
- Basic Kit Supplies – Provides a checklist of emergency supplies designed to last seven to 10 days
- Pet Emergency Preparedness – Strategies to keep your pet secure before, during, and after a disaster
- Emergency Kit and Plan – Baseline for what you should have in an emergency kit, as well as tips to effectively plan ahead for an emergency
- Home Emergency Preparedness – Ways to prepare your home and property for a disaster
- Prepare in a Year – Breaks up the emergency preparedness process into one hour dedicated per month
- Disaster Planning (The Hartford) – A comprehensive profile of recent natural disasters, as well as the steps that should be taken to prepare if/when circumstances occur in the future
The Great Washington ShakeOut
Alongside being a great event to help Washingtonians prepare for earthquakes, the Great Washington ShakeOut initiative offers access to quality preparedness materials. These materials are also accessible at any time – not only when the event is taking place. Click here to visit shakeout.org.